TERMITE INSPECTIONS KANSAS CITY
Termites and other wood-damaging bugs such as carpenter ants and carpenter bees can cause major damage to a home. Termites swarm in the late spring through the fall and will find any tiny opening in the home to enter and start building their colony. They only need a space 1/32 inches wide to enter, so even the smallest crack can be an issue.
THERE ARE FOUR MAIN WAYS TERMITES ENTER A BUILDING:
- Inside the holes of hollow block walls
- Crawl up the side of foundations walls and supports
- Through openings in expansion joints
- Through cracks in the foundation around plumbing
By identifying the weak and vulnerable areas of your home, you might be able to make repairs, fill holes and prevent termites from entering your home in the first place.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THAT YOU MAY STILL HAVE AN INFESTATION, HERE ARE SIGNS OUR INSPECTORS WILL LOOK FOR WHEN CONDUCTING A TERMITE INSPECTION:
May resemble sawdust or coffee grounds and can be found in mounds or trails.
Swarms of termites or carpenter bees can be found near windows, doors, piles of wood and mulch, and tree stumps. After a swarm, you may see discarded wings.
Wood damaged by termites will often have a hollow sound and a honeycomb look to it inside. The material will probably crumble when you bump it or put pressure on it.
Worker termites create dirt-crusted tubes on walls, foundations, floors, and support joists. They use these tubes to travel about and often give a wall a rippled appearance.
Termites are not easily spotted when they are not swarming as they tend to stay inside their colonies and tunnels but by looking inside walls and under materials we can find these destructive bugs. Reproductive kings and queens have wings and are black or brown while worker termites are white.
If you suspect your home has a potential termite problem, or you just want to ensure that a new purchase is termite-free, Crown Home Inspections will conduct a thorough termite inspection, checking for potential infestations, damage, and the areas of the home that need maintenance to prevent a future problem. You can save thousands of dollars in potential future remediation and repairs by having a termite inspection conducted today.
Crown Home Inspections Provides a Variety of Warranties
Learn more about your FREE Warranty Coverage & 1 Year Structural Warranty
Other Home Inspection Services
Serving Greater Kansas City
Read our 5-star Google Reviews
Crown Home Inspections
115 East Park Street Unit B, Olathe
4.9 897 reviews
- Pierre Brown ★★★★★ 2 weeks ago John did an excellent job on our home inspection. The process went smooth and we received the highest level of professionalism from Crown. I would definitely recommend their services for a thorough home inspection and a detailed inspection … More report. Great company to have on your team during the home purchasing process (investment or primary).
- Sarah Johnson ★★★★★ 2 months ago I had a wonderful experience with this company from start to finish. Professional and courteous on the phone when I called to get scheduled. They were quick, reasonably priced, friendly, informative and gave detailed feedback on our inspection. … More We couldn't be happier with our experience!
- Matthew Johnston ★★★★★ a month ago We've looked at 2 different houses and as this is our first house purchase, we've relied heavily on what the inspection tells us. We appreciate the honesty and detailed look into things we didn't know we were looking at. … More From out dated electrical to internal damage on a tree they caught a lot of things that would seem to be easy to overlook. We have done the whole home and termite/pest inspection both times we've done inspections. Well worth the money.
- Julie Shiplet ★★★★★ 2 weeks ago Crown Home Inspections were great to work with. Quick to schedule at my convenience and took care of scheduling all the extra inspectors.
They were prompt, efficient and professional. Thank you very much! Julie Shiplet
- Phil Ledgerwood ★★★★★ 3 months ago John Slater was my home inspector from Crown Home Inspections. He did his work carefully and unobtrusively, and when he was done gave me a comprehensive report. He showed me different items in the actual house that may have been unclear … More just from reading the text. He also took the time to help me understand which issues needed to be resolved right away and which ones could be handled safely over time. I also received an electronic copy of the report in an email.
This company was recommended from my realtor and I would easily use them again. The inspection went smoothly and I feel like I have a good game plan for addressing issues.