6 Expert Tricks To Ensure A Higher Home Price
There are an array of different home remodels that you can think about when planning to sell your property, but only a a small minority that can hope to raise your sale price.
Crown Home Inspections has been helping homeowners across the state since , and we’d like to assist you with the sale of your home!
- Countertops are one of the most distinguishable surface areas in your house, so be sure to have a sturdy, durable material that matches the kitchen’s aesthetic.
- Update important rooms like bathrooms and kitchens to be practical and inviting, without becoming indulgent and opulent. Your overall return on investment for these rooms is between 60-80%, so it’s recommended that you calculate that into your renovation budget.
- Do-it-yourself is okay to a point, but make sure to entrust a trained contractor for anything that could potentially lead to damage or injury!
- Cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom are highly visible, but rather than replacing them, you can easily paint or reface them to avoid pricey and long-term projects.
- Refresh your kitchen and bathroom fixtures and hardware to quickly and easily improve value and visual appeal.
- For the most part, it’s recommended to spend money to make your home or property look refreshed instead of simply upgrading something with the most state-of-the-art model. Even a simplefresh coat of paint can be more effective than a replacement appliance when the existing model was entirely operable.
- Refrain from putting a lot of resources into poor return on investment renovations and It’s best to avoid areas with low resale value like attics, basements, and home theaters. Home additions are usually not worth the price tag unless you plan to stay for awhile and enjoy the benefits for a longer period of time.
- Keep in mind that the market will dictate the selling price, and make plans accordingly. After all, the valuation of your home theatre or sewing room could differ from a real estate professional.
There is no substitute for experience. Call our number today to ensure your next home inspection goes smoothly. Buy. Sell. Confidently. Crown Home Inspections is waiting to hear from you!