Our Team

John and Janet Clason

Owners

As owners of Crown Home Inspections, it is our goal to provide you with the best inspection and the best customer service in the industry. We are proud of our team and know that each member is committed to excellence. Crown Home Inspections is always implementing new programs to give our clients the best experience possible. We believe that it’s not only about the inspection, but about having a relationship with our clients after the inspection. We want to be your building consultants for life. Give us 5% of your confidence, we’ll earn the other 95%.

We have been married over 20 years. We have two vizsla dogs named Kona and Maddie that we adore. When we are not managing the business, we enjoy traveling and seeing the world.

John Clason

General Manager

Inspector

ASHI certified

InterNachi certified

203K Consultant

Mold Certified

Regional ASHI Board of Directors (President 2008-2009, Treasurer 2016-Present)

Realtor (Kansas)

KCRAR member

 

I attended the University of Kansas and earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science. After many years in the corporate world, I decided to pursue an opportunity to help people and be in business for myself. I started Crown Home Inspections in 2003. I enjoy helping buyers make sound decisions on the purchase of their new homes. Every day is a new adventure because you never know what you are going to see. In my free time, I enjoy fishing and traveling. I’m a Royals, Chiefs and Kansas Jayhawks fan.

Jay Brewer

Inspector

ASHI certified

InterNachi certified

Mold certified

 

Before becoming a home inspector, I was a plumber for 25 years and a Certified Master Plumber for 10 of those. I love diagnosing, finding, and fixing broken things. The inspection process lets me be a detective for the home and I enjoy the challenge of solving mysteries. I like meeting new people and seeing how different each house is.

 

I was born and raised in the Kansas City area and attended Kansas State University. My wife, Sharon, and I like to travel to Jamaica. In my free time, I enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, music and bands.

Zach Nash

Inspector

ASHI Associate

InterNachi Associate

Mold Certified

Infrared Technology Certified

 

I attended Olivet Nazarene University with a Business of Arts in Business and minor in Management.  After an aptitudes test revealed that being a home inspector would be a good fit, I attended ASHI training and became qualified as a home inspector.

 

My wife and I have two children.  When I am not inspecting homes, I’m installing Christmas lights as a small business owner of Midwest Holiday Creations.  I also enjoy shooting, doing puzzles, camping, and being outdoors.

Jan Guevel

Business Manager

Mold Certified

Boot Camp Marketing graduate

BOLD graduate

Buffini graduate

Professional Speakers training graduate

KCRAR affiliate

 

When your brother, John Clason, asks if you can do him a favor– what do you say? You say, yes, especially when it turns into a full time job for the last few years. I love people so this job is a perfect fit. I graduated from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Human Resources and Communications. After holding a corporate HR job, I decided to stay home with my two girls for a few years. Since then, I have also been a Catering Director, Grant writer, floral designer and accounting assistant.

 

When I am not working, I love to be with family and friends and travel with my husband of more than 30 years.

Lisa Nickel

Business Development

Mold Certified

Boot Camp Marketing graduate

Training Partners Trainer certified

KCRAR affiliate

 

After 17 years as a stay-at-home mom, I enjoy being in the work force and using my sales and marketing experience to support Crown Home Inspections. I have a double major from the University of Kansas in Communications Studies and French, but don’t ask me to book your inspection in French!

 

My passion is volunteering and I spend most of my free time helping organizations in the Kansas City area including the Junior League, Reach Out and Read, and BVPAGE to name a few. My husband and I are big sports fans – especially the Kansas Jayhawks. We enjoy watching games and hanging out with our three sons.

Tom O’Reilly

SignTraker

A jack-of-all-trades! I earned a BA and MBA from Baker University and worked in the telecom industry for 33 years. I retired from Sprint as a Senior Manager of Engineering and Planning after 25 years and established Advanced Biohazard Cleanup LLC in 2009. My business takes me all over Missouri, Kansas and surrounding states. I enjoy working with SignTraker because it allows me the opportunity to try something new, be outdoors, and help people with their business.

 

Work keeps me busy, but in my spare time, I like to be in the great outdoors, spending time with my family (wife Olivia and 3 children), and collecting first edition antique books.